Best Candy Thermometers – 2022 Top Picks Reviewed
For this post, I have put together a collection of the best candy thermometers currently available.
MY TOP PICK:
If you are looking for the best overall, I recommend the OXO Good Grips Glass Candy Thermometer because it features easy measurement markings, great for measuring oil temperature for deep frying, and for making jellies and jams, and easy to attach, remove or adjust.
Usually, every mother likes to prepare candy at home for their loving kids. The temperature of the liquid must be measured rightly while deep-frying or making candies and jellies. For this reason, you must have a candy thermometer in your kitchen. Because you can measure the exact temperature of your dishes and make the best recipes.
Read: The 10 Best Canned Enchilada Sauces
The candy thermometer can be a great aid in making candy and sweet treats at your home. Suppose, your kids want to have delicious candy or sweet treats. But if you have not exact kitchen appliances need for preparing candy, how you can make it a successful way? I, therefore, will say that a candy thermometer is as important as other kitchen gadgets.
There are different types and sizes of candy thermometer in the market. Now you have to choose which one is best for you? To make your task easy, we have tried to overview some best products for your needs.
|OXO Good Grips Glass Candy and Deep Fry Thermometer||Buy on Amazon|
|Habor 022 Candy and Meat Thermometer||Buy on Amazon|
|Taylor Precision Products RA17724 Candy Thermometer||Buy on Amazon|
|Polder Candy/Jelly/Deep Fry Thermometer||Buy on Amazon|
|Winco – Deep Fry/Candy Thermometer||Buy on Amazon|
|GoodCook Classic Candy / Deep Fry Thermometer||Buy on Amazon|
|CDN DTC450 Digital Candy/Deep Fry Thermometer||Buy on Amazon|
|Escali AHC1 NSF Certified Candy/Deep Fry Thermometer||Buy on Amazon|
|Gourmia GTH9185 Digital Spatula Candy Thermometer||Buy on Amazon|
|Wilton Candy Thermometer||Buy on Amazon|
So here is my list of The 10 Best Candy Thermometers.
1. OXO Good Grips Glass Candy and Deep Fry ThermometerOXO Good Grips Glass Candy and Deep Fry Thermometer
OXO Good Grips Glass Candy and Deep Fry Thermometer features easy measurement markings and extra-long convenient clip.
- This thermometer is offset to allow for large, easy-to-read graphics.
- The graphics include temperature ranges for different candy types.
- Its measurement markings indicate temperature within two degrees in F and C.
- It has an extra-long convenient clip to make it easy to attach, remove, or adjust.
- Its rounded foot helps prevent scraping sides or the bottom of the pot.
- The large opening in the handle allows you to lift the Candy and Deep Fry Thermometer out of the pot.
- It is also great for measuring oil temperature for deep frying and for making jellies and jams.
- Product dimensions are 16.5 x 4.25 x 1.5 inches.
- Item weight is 0.007 ounces.
2. Habor 022 Candy and Meat ThermometerNo products found. No products found.
HaborNo products found.
Habor 022 Candy and Meat Thermometer features a super long probe, and 4-6 seconds ultra-fast response time with an accuracy of ±1℃.
- This thermometer is perfect for huge turkey, chicken, bread making, jam making, chocolate making, barbecue, hot water, hot milk, and even bathwater.
- This digital meat thermometer can detect the core temperature of the meat.
- Simply insert the probe into your food or liquid and get the temperature.
- Its 10 minutes auto-shutoff function extends your battery life.
- The temp range of this thermometer is -58℉ to 572℉.
- Button Battery (included): 1 X AG13.
- Product dimensions are 0.8 x 9.2 x 1.1 inches.
- Item weight is 1.13 ounces.
3. Taylor Precision Products RA17724 Candy ThermometerTaylor Precision Products Stainless Steel Candy Deep Fry Food Cooking Kitchen Thermometer, 12 Inches
Taylor Precision ProductsView Product
Taylor Precision Products RA17724 Candy Thermometer features classic design, durable food-grade stainless steel with a heat resistant nylon handle.
- It is designed with an adjustable clip to attach to any size pan.
- The classic design is 12” long overall and can be wiped clean with a damp washcloth.
- Through this thermometer, you can measure in both °F and °C from 100 to 400°F.
- It is perfect for candy fudge fried chicken and even crafts like candle or soap making.
- Measurement markings on the thermometer’s face show the range of proper candy temperatures from thread to hard-crack.
- Product dimensions are 1 x 1 x 1 inches.
- Item weight is 0.81 ounces.
4. Polder Candy/Jelly/Deep Fry ThermometerPolder Candy/Jelly/Deep Fry Thermometer Stainless Steel with Pot Clip
Polder Candy/Jelly/Deep Fry Thermometer features large and easy-to-read quick references.
- You can get the quick result of deep fry, thread, softball, hard ball, soft crack & hard crack stages.
- It is suitable for making candy melting chocolate, yogurts, creams sauces, jams, deep-frying, and more.
- It is designed with solid, rust-proof stainless-steel for accuracy, safety, comfort, longevity, innovation, ease-of-use & readability.
- Temperature ranges in Celsius and Fahrenheit – 90°F to 400°F (30°C to 200°C).
- Product dimensions are 2.25 x 0.75 x 12 inches.
- Item weight is 6.4 ounces.
5. Winco – Deep Fry/Candy ThermometerWinco - Deep Fry/Candy Thermometer with Hanging Ring, (2-Inch by 11-3/4-Inch) (Silver) (2 pack)
Winco – Deep Fry/Candy Thermometer features top hanging loop, and built-in pot clip.
- This thermometer is designed with a hanging ring and a pot clip.
- Its temperature range from 100 to 400 Degree F.
- It includes a set of 2, deep fry/candy thermometer.
- You can accurately read temperature at-a-glance.
- This durable thermometer can be used for versatility.
- The product dimensions are 15.2 x 2.09 x 0.39 inches.
- Item weight is 12.6 ounces.
6. GoodCook Classic Candy / Deep Fry ThermometerGoodCook Classic Candy / Deep Fry Thermometer, red
Good CookView Product
GoodCook Classic Candy / Deep Fry Thermometer features an easy-lift clip to attach to the side of any pot.
- Through this thermometer, you can measure between 100 and 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It comes with a protective sheath for storage.
- It is great for making candy and deep frying.
- It has an easy-lift clip so that you can attach it to the side of any pot.
- Product dimensions are 12 x 4 x 1.25 inches.
- Item weight is 2.82 ounces.
7. CDN DTC450 Digital Candy/Deep Fry ThermometerCDN DTC450 Digital Candy/Deep Fry/Pre-Programmed & Programmable Thermometer
CDN DTC450 Digital Candy/Deep Fry Thermometer features an adjustable stainless steel clip; pocket clip; temperature guide on the sheath.
- It is a large and easy-to-read display with a temperature range of 40 to 450 degrees F
- It is designed with dual progress display shows 2 temperatures: the set temperature and the current temperature.
- It has seven pre-programmed candy stages and one all-purpose temperature setting.
- This thermometer sounds alert warnings 3°F before the low temperature.
- It has a heat shield that protects the thermometer head from hot liquids.
- Product dimensions are 14 x 1.25 x 0.75 inches.
- Item weight is 4.8 ounces.
- It’s backed by a 5-year limited warranty.
8. Escali AHC1 NSF Certified Candy/Deep Fry ThermometerEscali AHC1 NSF Certified Candy/Deep Fry/Confection Thermometer with Extra Dial, 5.5" Probe, Silver
Escali AHC1 NSF Certified Candy/Deep Fry Thermometer features various confectionery cooking temperatures and an adjustable temperature indicator for quick reference.
- This thermometer will help you to cook candy or deep-fried foods to the perfect consistency.
- This durable stainless steel thermometer is NSF certified, oven-safe, and dishwasher safe.
- Its dial face includes temperature zones indicating jelly, softball candy, firm ball candy, hardball candy, hard crack candy, caramel, and deep frying temperatures.
- The premium stainless steel construction is durable and dishwasher safe.
- It has a stainless steel clip that holds the thermometer in a pot, or any vessel, for continuous hands-free measurements.
- Product dimensions are 2.5 x 6.5 x 2.5 inches.
- Item weight is 0.739 ounces.
9. Gourmia GTH9185 Digital Spatula Candy ThermometerGourmia GTH9185 Digital Spatula Thermometer Cooking & Candy Temperature Reader & Stirrer in One, Durable BPA free food safe material, 2nd Generation
Gourmia GTH9185 Digital Spatula Candy Thermometer features effortless 1-button operation and easy-read LCD screen.
- You can read the internal temperature of the chocolate, liquid candy, cream, sauce, syrup, meat & more.
- It has a protective sleeve for long temperature prob.
- Its precision probe delivers fast, accurate high temp readings between -58°F and 572°F, and it works on candy, beef, chicken, etc.
- Its BPA-Free paddle can be removed for handwashing.
- Product dimensions are 15 x 3.3 x 1 inches.
- Item weight is 5.4 ounces.
10. Wilton Candy ThermometerWilton Candy Thermometer with Side Clamp for Melting Chocolate and Hard Candy Sugar, 14.7-Inches
Wilton Candy Thermometer features precisely temperature measuring system, and multiple use.
- You can use this candy thermometer to make hard candy, nougats, fudge, and more.
- You have to clip this handy thermometer onto the side of your melter, boiler, or another pan, and the bulb is held securely in place without touching the sides for precise temperature readings.
- This metal thermometer measures temperatures from 60° to 400° F and 20° to 200° C.
- Before first and after each use, you have to wash the thermometer with warm, soapy water; rinse and dry thoroughly.
- The product dimensions are 0.32 x 2.06 x 11.96 inches.
- Item weight is 5 ounces.
I hope this list of the best candy thermometers was helpful.
If you think I left out one that seems very important to you or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Adam Kelly, Senior Editor at PaletteDining