For this post, I have put together a collection of the best-canned enchilada sauces currently available.
MY TOP PICK:
If you are looking for the best overall, I recommend the Trader Joe’s Enchilada Sauce because it features a pack of two, IS vegan, perfect flavor and consistency, and great in an enchilada bake.
Enchilada is one of the delicious dishes for all classes of people. It is a corn tortilla rolled around a filling with various food ingredients, including meats, cheese, beans, vegetables, potatoes, or combinations, and covered with a savory sauce. For preparing enchilada sauce is the must because it increases its taste and flavor.
The best sauce will give you a premium taste and gourmet flavor. It can be canned sauce or not. But most people like to use canned sauce because of their specific quality of retaining taste and flavor after a long time. You can also preserve them for future use. After tasting these sauces you may understand their importance in making your mouthwatering enchilada dish.
There are different types of sauce of different brands with different features in the market. So, it is difficult to buy the best-canned enchilada sauce without any experience. To make your task easy we have tried to enlist the best enchilada sauce with their features and specifications. Hopefully, you will get the best one of your choice.
- Our Recommendations
- So here is my list of The 10 Best Canned Enchilada Sauces.
- 8. Old El Paso Medium Enchilada Sauce
So here is my list of The 10 Best Canned Enchilada Sauces.
1. Trader Joe’s Enchilada SauceTrader Joe's Enchilada Sauce (Pack of 2)
Trader Joe’sBuy on Amazon
Trader Joe’s Enchilada Sauce features great flavor, consistency, and superb in an enchilada bake.
- The package includes 2 packs of enchilada sauce.
- It is made with all kinds of yummy ingredients.
- It is not gluten-free but IS vegan.
- It contains 1.5 g fat, 3 g carb, 1 g protein, and 220 mg sodium.
- It is unsweetened and Unsulfured.
- The item’s weight is 3.35 pounds.
2. Las Palmas Enchilada SauceLas Palmas Enchilada Sauce, Medium, 19 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Las PalmasBuy on Amazon
Las Palmas Enchilada Sauce features a zesty blend of spices and chiles and finest quality ingredients.
- It is made of red chiles, water, salt, cottonseed oil, garlic powder, cider vinegar, fumaric acid, spice, olive oil, calcium hydroxide.
- It is great with chicken, beef, and pork enchiladas.
- You will get a delicious addition to tacos and authentic Mexican flavor.
- It also contains cottonseed oil.
- It will increase the taste and flavor of your favorite enchilada.
- The package includes 12 packs.
- The item’s weight is 1.19 pounds.
Read: The 10 Best Grill Covers
3. Hatch Enchilada Grn Med SauceHatch Sauce Enchlda Grn Med
Hatch ChiliBuy on Amazon
Hatch Enchilada Grn Med Sauce features the finest quality ingredients and gluten-free.
- It is made with green chile puree, diced green chiles, water, corn starch, safflower oil, 2% of spices, natural flavors, citric acid, diced jalapenos, dried cane syrup, garlic powder, hydrolyzed corn, and soy protein, green bell pepper powder, onion powder, salt, yeast extract, and canola oil.
- All ingredients are gluten-free.
- You will get natural flavor and taste with health benefits.
- It is pretty spicy too.
- The item’s weight is 14.5 pounds.
4. Frontera Foods Enchilada SauceFrontera Foods Enchilada Sauce, Green Chile, 8 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Frontera FoodsBuy on Amazon
Frontera Foods Enchilada Sauce features natural flavor, garlic, roasted tomatillo, green chili, and cilantro.
- It is made of tomatillos, poblano chiles, water, onion, heavy cream, lime juice from concentrate, garlic salt, serrano peppers, cilantro, evaporated cane juice, xanthan gum, and milk.
- It is ideal for enchiladas and other Mexican dishes.
- It is a medium spiciness.
- There are no preservatives, and gluten ingredients.
- The package includes 6 packs of 8-ounce bags.
5. McCormick Enchilada Sauce MixMcCormick Enchilada Sauce Mix, 1.5 oz, Pack of 12
McCormickBuy on Amazon
McCormick Enchilada Sauce Mix features a zesty blend of chili peppers, cumin, onion, and garlic.
- It contains all-natural ingredients; cornflour, onion, cheddar cheese, salt, spices, enzymes, sodium acid pyrophosphate, corn starch, sodium bicarbonate, monocalcium phosphate, and garlic.
- It is perfect for classic enchiladas to boost the flavor of salmon on the grill.
- The package includes 12 packs of 1.5 oz.
- You will get health benefits.
- There is no preservatives.
- The item’s weight is 1.13 pounds.
6. Lawry’s Enchilada Sauce MixLawry's Enchilada Sauce Mix, 1.62 oz (Pack of 12). It has the 12 Pack Amazon Badge, but is missing (Pack of 12)
Lawry’sBuy on Amazon
Lawry’s Enchilada Sauce Mix features natural ingredients, and great taste and flavor.
- It is made with natural flavors, including onions, garlic, chili peppers, paprika, cumin, and oregano.
- This seasoning mix delivers authentic flavor to your dinner table.
- It is great with ground beef, chicken, and turkey.
- You can use the sauce to flavor enchilada tacos or a taco salad.
- It contains traditional enchilada taste.
- It is perfect for all Mexican dishes; enchiladas and tamales.
- The product dimensions are 4.1 x 0.4 x 5.8 inches.
- The item weight is 1.6 ounces.
7. Rosarita Enchilada SauceRosarita Enchilada Sauce, Keto Friendly, 1.25 Pound (Pack of 12)
RosaritaBuy on Amazon
Rosarita Enchilada Sauce features a mild heat level and 20 calories per serving with zero grams trans fat.
- It is made with healthy ingredients – beans, and refried beans, 2g net carbs and 0g added sugar per serving.
- This tomato-based enchilada sauce has a mild heat level.
- It is perfect for a variety of traditional Mexican-style dishes.
- It contains 20 calories per serving with zero grams of trans fat.
- This pack contains 12 cans.
- The item’s weight is 1.25 pounds.
8. Old El Paso Medium Enchilada SauceRosarita Enchilada Sauce, Keto Friendly, 1.25 Pound (Pack of 12)
Old El PasoBuy on Amazon
Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce, Medium features gluten-free, and delicious Mexican meals.
- It is made with tomato puree, water, modified corn starch, salt, chili pepper, soybean oil, vinegar, citric acid, onion powder, hydrolyzed corn protein, red pepper, that add color, and natural flavor.
- This is a great, premade sauce to convert into an easy enchilada dinner.
- This sauce is gluten-free.
- The package contains 12 cans of 10 oz.
- It gives you natural taste and flavor.
- It includes 290 g sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, and 1 g sugar.
9. Desert Gardens Red Chile Enchilada Sauce MixDesert Gardens Red Chile Enchilada Sauce Mix (Pack of 4)
Desert GardensBuy on Amazon
Desert Gardens Red Chile Enchilada Sauce Mix features a wonderfully full-flavored sauce and authentic taste.
- It is made with paprika, chili pepper, salt, corn starch, dehydrated vegetables, tomato, onion, garlic, maltodextrin, spices, modified food starch, vinegar, citric acid, extractives of paprika.
- You can pour it over enchiladas, eggs, or any dish you wish.
- It is a little spicey.
- It is so easy and so close to the authentic new Mexico enchilada sauce.
- It contains 15 calories per serving.
- It is cholesterol and fat-free.
- The package includes 4 packs.
- The item’s weight is 6.1 ounces.
10. Gebhardt Enchilada Sauce 10oz CanGebhardt Enchilada Sauce 10oz Can (Pack of 12)
GebhardtBuy on Amazon
Gebhardt Enchilada Sauce 10oz Can features quality Tex-Mex taste, bold and flavorful.
- It is made of tomato puree, water, red chili puree, salt, chile pepper, canola oil, dehydrated onion, spices, garlic puree, colored with oleoresin paprika, citric acid, guar gum, xanthan gum, dehydrated garlic, autolyzed yeast extract, natural flavor, concentrated lemon juice, carob bean gum.
- You can add southwest spice to any dish.
- Using this sauce you can increase the tase of your favorite enchilada recipe.
- It is a bold and flavorful sauce.
- You will get premium to tase and spicey flavor.
- The package includes 12 cans.
I hope this list of the best-canned enchilada sauces was helpful.
If you think I left out one that seems important to you or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Abu Bakar, Senior Editor at Palette Dining