For this post, I have put together a collection of the best white balsamic vinegar currently available.
MY TOP PICK
If you are looking for the best overall, I recommend M.G. Pappas White Balsamic Vinegar because it features more aged Balsamic valued for its health benefits. It’s barrel-aged over 10 years to develop the flavor. There are no artificial colors, preservatives, or added flavors.
White balsamic vinegar is a milder version of traditional balsamic. It’s made of white grapes and aged for years in wooden barrels. Each brand has its own distinct personality with subtle notes of flavor detected much like a fine wine. For variety, I offer a thorough inspection of the 9 best white balsamic vinegar selections for your consideration.
So here is my list of The 9 Best White Balsamic Vinegar
1. M.G. PAPPAS White Balsamic VinegarM.G. PAPPAS White Balsamic Vinegar of Modena Barrel Aged Sweet Gourmet 10 Year Old Aceto Balsamico Italian Pure Authentic No Preservatives No Colorants No Caramel No Added Flavors 8.5 Fl Oz 250ml
M.G. PAPPASBuy on Amazon
- This is a unique gourmet formula heavy on the balsamic and lighter on the vinegar.
- It’s free of preservatives for organic and healthy cooking. It contains no artificial colors or flavors.
- Balsamic vinegar is known for its health benefits
- Wooden barrel aging imparts a depth of fragrant, smooth, and sweet flavor
- M.G. PAPPAS White Balsamic Vinegar of Modena is imported from Italy.
- It is barrel-aged for more than 10 years to develop its unique flavor.
- The 8.5 fluid ounce bottle of gourmet white balsamic vinegar is ideal for gift-giving
- Reasonably priced and as much as 40% less than comparable brands
- Useful for marinades mixed drinks and cocktails, vinaigrette, and reductions. This is a multi-purpose gourmet white balsamic vinegar that can be used to enhance the flavor of various vegetables, meats, fruits, and more.
What makes this white balsamic vinegar one of the best is its unique processing. This is an authentic Italian product that has undergone an exceptionally long aging process. This mellows the vinegar to produce a mild flavor with unique flavor notes and nuances.
2. Blazing Bella Balsamic VinegarBlazing Bella Balsamic Vinegar (White Balsamic, 250 ML)
Blazing BellaBuy on Amazon
- Handcrafted to the point of perfection
- Produced by a family run business since 1889 with a stellar reputation
- No added preservatives or caramels
- 100% Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, Italy with heart-health benefits
- Sweet flavor and thick consistency for light-colored glazes
- Imported from Modena, Italy
- Aged in chestnut, oak, and juniper barrels for a unique flavor
- Excellent for use in glazes, sauces, grilled meats, or drizzled on fresh fruit.
- 250 ml bottle
- Ideal as a topping for salads and fresh produce. It is also recommended for use in any healthy or organic meal planning because of the sweet and light flavor that enhances a variety of foods. Ideal for use in marinades, and on all kinds of grilled meats and vegetables.
The versatility of this white balsamic vinegar is one of its most outstanding qualities. It can be used on a variety of foods to enhance the flavor. It’s best for those who prefer a balance of sweetness and tanginess in a thicker consistency.
3. Saratoga Olive Oil Company Cranberry Pear White Balsamic VinegarSaratoga Olive Oil Company Cranberry Pear White Balsamic Vinegar 375ml (12.7oz)
Saratoga Olive Oil Co.Buy on Amazon
- Aged up to 12 years to develop the fullness of its flavor potential
- Unique gourmet cranberry pear flavored white balsamic vinegar
- 100% all-natural and free of GMO and gluten
- Complex fruity bouquet for a unique taste
- Clean, tart and crisp flavor
- Imported from Moderna Italy, bottled, labeled and packaged in the USA
- Available in choice of 200 ml, 375 ml, and 750 ml bottles
- Balsamic is known for its health benefits for healthy cooking and dish preparation
- Cranberry Pear White Balsamic Vinegar is suitable for multiple uses. It’s excellent for use in marinades, sauces, glazes, and vinaigrettes. It also works well for grilled meats of all kinds including fish, chicken beef, and pork. It’s recommended that this vinegar is paired with Saratoga Extra Virgin Olive Oil to derive the maximum health benefits.
What makes this white balsamic vinegar stand out from the others is its unique flavor combination. It is one of the cleanest bouquets on the market today with a refreshing crisp appeal.
4. Colavita White Balsamic VinegarColavita White Balsamic Vinegar, 17 Ounce
ColavitaBuy on Amazon
- Colavita White Balsamic Vinegar offers complex notes of traditional balsamic vinegar minus the color
- The fruity taste of white wine vinegar with varied nuances
- Aged balsamic vinegar crossed with white wine vinegar for a unique bouquet and crisp, sweet flavor
- It’s certified to be non-GMO
- A low acidity of 6%
- A certified product made in Italy
- Ideal for salad dressings, fresh and roasted vegetables, white sauces, fish, and rice dishes. Also useful for use in a summer berry salad, for fruit salad dressings, savory sauces, and for baking.
Colavita White Balsamic Vinegar has earned its high rating as a certified authentic Italian product. It’s best for those who require or prefer a low-acid vinegar for health reasons or through personal preference.
5. Acetaia Cattani White Balsamic VinegarAcetaia Cattani White Balsamic Vinegar (500ml)
Acetaia CattaniBuy on Amazon
- This is an organically produced white balsamic vinegar. The minimal processing helps to retain maximum healthy nutrients
- The flavor is zesty and bright
- This white balsamic vinegar is organically produced but is not certified
- Hand-crafted of organically grown Trebbiano grapes
- The ingredients are low-pressure cooked to retain and golden color
- Natural and traditional fermentation enhances the fragrance
- Aged in a battery of casks through traditional methods
- 500 ml bottle
- Ideal for use on grilled vegetables, white meats, and fish. It’s also great on summer salads, fresh vegetables, and in marinades and glazes.
Acetaia Cattani White Balsamic Vinegar is made by the Cattani family. This is an established brand known for producing exceptional vinegar. It’s best for those who prefer organically processed condiments for healthier meal preparation.
6. In Love Gourmet Peach White Balsamic VinegarIn Love Gourmet Peach White Balsamic Vinegar 250ML/8.5oz Great on Red Meats and Game Meats, Drizzle on Veggie and Fruit Salads
In Love GourmetBuy on Amazon
- Peach flavored for a fruity nuance
- Gluten-free gourmet white balsamic vinegar for healthy cooking when on a special diet
- Thin consistency that makes it ideal as a drizzle for fruit snacks
- Free of artificial flavorings, caramel, thickening agents and additives
- Authentic white balsamic vinegar made in Modena, Italy and imported
- Aged traditionally in oak barrels
- Made of ripe, crushed peaches allowed to ferment naturally
- A low density of 1.22 for a light texture
- This product may contain sulfites
- Perfect for use on green and fruit salads, soft mild cheeses, game meats, red meats, and ice cream
In Love Gourmet Peach White Balsamic Vinegar is not among the most versatile vinegar. It is made for specific uses, which makes it the perfect choice when serving red meats, game meats, ice cream, or mild cheese.
7. Sonoma Harvest Raspberry White Balsamic vinegarSonoma Harvest Raspberry White Balsamic Vinegar 6.76 ounces
Sonoma HarvestBuy on Amazon
- This is a raspberry-flavored white balsamic vinegar
- It contains balsamic which is valued for its known health benefits in healthy meal preparation
- Light and fruity with complex flavor nuances
- Bottled in the USA by Sonoma Harvest
- 6.76 ounces
- Ideal for drizzling over fresh fruits, or for use in green salads, fruit salads, and fresh vegetables. Ideal for sauces to be used over fish or chicken.
Sonoma Harvest Raspberry White Balsamic Vinegar is one of our top picks because of its unique notes of raspberry flavor. This makes it the perfect companion for salads or for fruit-based snacks and desserts. It’s light and bright with complicated notes that enhance the flavor of a wide variety of foods.
8. Malpighi Prelibato White BalsamicMalpighi Prelibato White Dressing - 6.7oz. Bottle
Acetaia MalpighiBuy on Amazon
- Malpighi Prelibato White Balsamic Dressing is a gourmet condiment
- The flavor is unique with a mild flavor that is a balance of sweet and sour combined
- The uniquely attractive bottle design makes this ideal for gift-giving
- Crafted from Trebbiano, 100% Mosto Cotto of white grapes
- Aged for 5 years in Ashwood Barrels
- One of the more expensive white balsamic dressings at $31 per 6.7 ounces bottle
- Ideal for use on caviar, fish, and fruit for exquisite gourmet snacks, appetizers, and meals.
The most outstanding feature of Malpighi Prelibato White Balsamic Dressing is the one-of-a-kind flavor that it imparts. This is one of the more expensive white balsamic dressings, but the interesting flavor and mild zing is worth the extra cost. This gourmet vinegar was crafted over years’ time and the process has resulted in its amazing scent and flavor.
9. Alessi White Balsamic VinegarAlessi - White Balsamic Vinegar, 8.5 oz Pack of 2
AlessiBuy on Amazon
- This is a remarkably balanced white balsamic vinegar. It blends Italian white wine vinegar with the must of white grapes
- It is an excellent value for the cost at under $15 for a 2-pack
- It has a light and fruity flavor with complex nuances of aroma and flavor
- Alessi White Balsamic Vinegar is an authentic product of Modena, Italy, imported
- Package contains (2) 8.5-ounce bottles
- Best for use in white sauces, pasta, on salads and fresh vegetables, on fish, and French Fries.
- This product is made of white vinegar and grape musts. It also contains sugar and sulfites
Alessi White Balsamic Vinegar made the list of the top 9 because of its unique balance. This is not the best choice for those who are sensitive to sugars and sulfites. If this isn’t an issue I recommend this because of its complex notes that enhance a variety of different foods.
Frequently asked questions:
White Balsamic Vinegar is a milder and less sweet version of balsamic vinegar. The top-rated varieties are made from white Trebbiano grapes grown in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy, predominantly in Modena, Italy. It is processed in a manner that allows it to retain a pale golden coloring. The average acidity is between 5% to 7%.
White balsamic vinegar is made with white grapes. The grapes are crushed along with the stems, seeds, and skins to create what is called “must.” The difference between white balsamic vinegar and regular balsamic is in the processing. White balsamic must is pressure-cooked. This prevents browning that happens with the long-cooked regular balsamic vinegar. It is then aged over time in barrels, often for a shorter time. Some processors age the white balsamic for several years while others limit the aging time to one year. This process gives white balsamic vinegar a milder flavor and a coloring that will not discolor foods that it is added to.
If you don’t have white balsamic vinegar on hand, there are a few things you can use as substitutes. Rice wine vinegar that is mild flavored or white wine vinegar may be used in equal parts. You may also use Balsamic vinegar but be warned that it could change the color of the foods or sauces.
You can make your own balsamic vinegar from white vinegar in your kitchen. Combine one part sugar in a pan, then add five parts white vinegar. Stir the mixture constantly over low heat until the sugar is all dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool. This is a substitute for white balsamic vinegar, but it won’t have many of the qualities of the better more aged brands.
White balsamic vinegar is a specialty condiment that is used for a variety of purposes in enhancing foods and dishes. There are many different brands and types. Each has its own distinct personalities. Choosing a white balsamic vinegar is much like selecting a wine. The best depends on your individual tastes and preferences. This is why we recommend trying a few different types to experience the richness of each.
I hope this list of the best white balsamic vinegar was helpful.
If you think I left out one that seems important you to or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Abu Bakar, Senior Editor at Palette Dining