Grapefruit for breakfast has long since passed its “diet food” label. At least, with this recipe it certainly has.
In keeping with my blog’s new theme of simplicity + sugar (more on that here), this gorgeous recipe has only three ingredients. You’ll need some citrus of your choice, brown sugar, and cinnamon. That’s all.
It’s so easy your kid/partner/husband/wife should make it for you while you’re curled up under the blankets enjoying an extra 15 minutes of shut-eye. That’s what they’re there for, right?
Use any and every citrus fruit you can find. I used a combination of grapefruit, Caracara oranges, and tangelos. The tantalizingly sweet caracaras were a perfect combination to the slightly sour grapefruit. Broiling lets the cinnamon sugar ooze deep inside the flesh of the citrus.
Goodbye diet food, hello breakfast. Print Citrus Brûlée Author: Katy’s Kitchen Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 8 mins Total time: 13 mins Yield: serves 4-6 Ingredients
- 6 assorted citrus fruits (ex, grapefruit, tangelo, Caracara)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Place an oven rack at the top of the oven and turn on the broiler.
- Slice the citrus fruits in half and place on a baking sheet, flesh side up.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the tops of the fruit.
- Broil for 8 minutes and serve.