Coconut Chia Granola is a lightly sweetened, crunchy granola loaded with coconut flavor. It comes together in one bowl and is great for beginner granola chefs.
Have you ever been working away at something, when all of a sudden something caused you to drop what you were doing?
Maybe it was a phone call from your very best friend. She lights you up like a sunrise on a clear morning. Spending time with her always brings tears of laughter and entertainment. If you didn’t have time for her that day, you made time.
Maybe it was your latest crush. The one you couldn’t stop thinking about, at completely random times throughout the day. A text from your crush threw your stomach into a whirlwind of butterflies, and suddenly you weren’t so busy after all.
Food inspiration is what wipes my schedule clean. When an idea gets into my head, I can’t quit it until I’ve baked it and tested it to perfection. I saw this at the grocery store the other day, and I couldn’t rest until I recreated a healthier version of my own.
My last granola recipe followed my cooking style more than my baking style. When I cook, I love to throw everything in and be pleasantly surprised when it turns out.
This time, I’ve created simpler granola with two main ingredients: coconut and chia seeds. If you follow me on twitter, you might be aware of my coconut addiction.
It seems only natural that I would absolutely need to bake coconut granola.
Granola is so simple to make yourself; once you try it you really won’t be able to justify buying it. With homemade granola, you can:
- Control the sugar
- Control the add-ins
- Douse it with coconut
- Package it up pretty and gift it
Everything gets stirred up in one big bowl, spread out on a baking sheet, and baked to get crispy. That’s all.
Now I’m sure you’ll be just like me and won’t be able to get coconut granola out of your head until you bake it.
Print Coconut Chia Granola Author: Katy’s Kitchen Recipe type: Breakfast Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 40 mins Yield: 4 and ½ cups A simple recipe for heart-healthy granola without any strange additives. Lightly sweetened and packed with coconut flavor. Ingredients Dry
- 3 cups large flake oats
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 and ½ cup dried coconut chips or flakes
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- ¼ cup honey*
- 3 TB grapeseed oil**
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients except for the coconut flakes. Stir to combine.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, add the coconut butter and honey. Microwave for about 15 seconds and stir to combine. Add the oil and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir to combine.
- Spread the granola flat onto the baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes. Stir the granola. Bake for another 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the granola cool completely. Stir in the coconut chips, and transfer the granola to an airtight container for storage.
Notes *agave may be substituted
**other light tasting oil may be substituted
Psst…stay tuned Friday for a special treat using this very granola