If you have yet to perfect roasted chickpeas, you are seriously missing out. This snack is incredibly addictive, incredibly easy, and does a fantastic job of satiating your hunger pangs. What more could you want from a snack?
The secret to getting perfectly crispy chickpeas is to ensure the chickpeas are completely dry before roasting them in the oven. All you need to do is rinse and drain the chickpeas, and leave them on a paper towel for about half an hour to air-dry. Give them another pat with a dry paper towel and you’re good to go. Thanks for the tip, Sally!
Whenever I make roasted chickpeas I think of the part in The Undomestic Goddess where Samantha, who is a terrible cook, burns chickpeas to a crisp and calls them “chickpea bullets”.
Chickpea bullets or roasted chickpeas, you’ll enjoy this salty, crunchy treat.
Print Crispy, Spiced, & Roasted Chickpeas Author: Katy’s Kitchen Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 50 mins Yield: serves 2 Roasted chickpeas are an easy, healthy, and addictive snack. Ingredients
- 1 (18 oz) can chickpeas
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- heaping ½ teaspoon salt
- Drain, rinse and dry the chickpeas. Let them sit on a paper towel for at least 15 minutes to air-dry.
- The drier your chickpeas, the crunchier they will be after roasting.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the chickpeas, then the oil and spices. Toss to evenly coat the chickpeas.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, or until chickpeas have turned golden-brown and are crunchy.
CHICKPEA AND APPLE SALAD