Easiest-Ever 5 Minute Tuna Salad (With Easiest-Ever Dressing)
If you’re anything like me, you spend a lot of time thinking about food. From the time you wake up, you’re dreaming of steamy oatmeal with cinnamon sprinkled on top…pressed paninis with grilled veggies and cheese oozing out the edges…..smoked salmon…and the endless possibilities of what dessert might bring.
I’ll be honest, last night I dreamt about scones.
Because you have such elaborate food dreams, you might find yourself in the kitchen experimenting. Then, what was originally intended to be fun and easy turned into a bit of a chore.
We’ve all been there.
When kitchen stress strikes, smooth it over with something simple. Simple is beautiful. The simple is a salad.
All measurements are approximate and totally adaptable. Something in your veggie crisper calling your name? Throw it in.
Easiest-Ever 5 minute Tuna Salad with Easiest-Ever Dressing
Prep Time: 5 minutes
For the salad
- 2 handfuls of mixed greens
- 3-5 grape tomatoes
- 1 TB chopped red onion
- ½ can flake white tuna (about ¼ cup)
- 1 TB goat cheese
- ¼ cup chopped avocado
For the dressing
- 1 tsp lemon juice (or 1 lemon wedge)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp dill
- Grab a plate. Put mixed greens on it. Slice cherry tomatoes in half and add to greens.
- Add tuna, chopped red onion, goat cheese, and avocado.
- Slice a lemon wedge and squeeze on top, sprinkle olive oil on salad, then dill.
- Toss, Eat!
Possible Subs: blue cheese for the goat cheese, canned salmon for the canned tuna, green onion for red onion, sunflower seeds
What’s your go-to 5-minute lunch?