Whenever I hear the words “hot chocolate” I think of this song. I used to play alto sax in school jazz band, and one day I found the score for Hot Chocolate stuffed among the ripped and folded music sheets in the band room. For the music nerd I was, it was a very special find.
Jazz used to be everything to me, in fact, I used to think my only career trajectory would be becoming a professional jazz musician. I soon learned that my passionate personality extended towards more than just music, as traveling, cooking, and writing worked its way into my life and I became absorbed in those activities just as I did in jazz.
Right now I’m absorbed in these hot chocolate bars. They combine chocolate and simplicity into one decadent, soft, perfect dessert. It’s a riff off of my popular easy vegan fudge, so the texture is similarly soft, especially with the addition of marshmallows.
They’re no-bake, made in one bowl, and require only 10 minutes prep. You’ll get marshmallows in every bite and lots of rich chocolate flavor. Enjoy. Print Hot Chocolate Bars Author: Katy’s Kitchen Prep time: 10 mins Total time: 10 mins Yield: one 8×8 pan Ingredients
- ⅔ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 12 oz (350g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer, stirring often to avoid scorching.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until melted (whisking helps get rid of any clumps).
- Remove the pan from the heat and fold in the marshmallows. Pour into the baking dish and refrigerate until firm (2 hours or overnight).