It’s been a while since I’ve done a Saturday Sharing post. Let’s dive in, shall we?
1. I know you’re all dying to hear about my herb babies.
Here’s how parsley, basil, and oregano began their beautiful herb life:
The wait for them to sprout was excruciating. Here they are now:
I had to re-pot them and let me tell you this was quite a task. My brother showed me the ways and dealt with my minor freak-out over the roots. Have you ever re-potted a plant? The roots look like alien antennae!
You might notice there’s no parsley. Parsley, rest in peace. You just weren’t meant to be.
2. I made ghee
You can read all about it over, but I’ll sum up the basics. Ghee is clarified butter. It’s super simple to make on your own, and it’s much better for you (as a fat) than regular butter.
With a little boiling and straining, you increase the smoke point of your butter. Meaning, the fat will spoil at a much higher temperature (high 400s). You are removing most of the casein and lactose in the butter which is great for those with dairy sensitivities. Apparently it can heal body ailments, including dry lips. I’ll let you know how I like it!
3. Here’s a little roundup of some bloggers who had me drooling this week
- This 3-ingredient ice cream uses roasted bananas. Nuff said.
- Ashley’s on the right track with chocolate chips for breakfast.
- More chocolate for breakfast! This time with a sky-high muffin top. You know how I love my chocolate and muffin tops.
4. Here’s an article I can’t resist sharing.
Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Raw Food…..there are way too many diets to count. This article is extremely well-written, and a good reminder of the fact that your best friend’s diet may not be the best one for you.
Happy weekend, and stay tuned for an herb-a-luscious recipe!