I didn’t really get on the pancake train until after high school. I used to hate pancakes and always felt they were too dry. For years I’d only eat them plain, with butter. Chocolate banana pancakes were the worst. Slowly, I started to become a little more adventurous with savoury pancakes, and I’m finally delving back into sweetness.
These strawberry cheesecake pancakes have a completely different texture than your usual plain pancake, and this is all thanks to the cream cheese. Instead of putting chunks of cheesecake into the pancakes (too time-consuming), I decided to turn the batter into a half pancake, half cake, creating a chewy, moist interior.
You should definitely put heaps of strawberry sauce all over your pancakes. I’ve always preferred strawberry sauce to fresh strawberries…the soft texture that pops in your mouth when you take a bite is just divine. They’re quite dense, which is why the serving size is 4 even though the recipe only makes 8 pancakes.
On a side note, this might be one of my last posts about strawberries for a while. Over the past year or two, I’ve noticed a huge increase in food sensitivities. I’m hoping to get an allergy test soon as many raw fruits often make my tongue super itchy. Not fun! I guess this means I’m going to be eating far more vegetables to compensate. Tips (or spells–any other Harry Potter nerds out there?) on how to turn vegetables into chocolate are more than welcome. For now, enjoy these simple to prepare strawberry cheesecake pancakes.
Print Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes Author: Katy’s Kitchen Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 40 mins Yield: serves 4 (8 pancakes) Ingredients Strawberry Sauce
- 1 lb strawberries, quartered
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1½ cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cream cheese softened
- 3 Tablespoons oil (canola, grapeseed, etc)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions Strawberry Sauce
- Add the strawberries and the sugar to a small saucepan. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 2 TB of water. Add to the saucepan and stir to combine.
- Heat on medium, stirring continuously, until bubbly and thickened (about 5 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- Preheat a cast-iron or non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the milk, egg, cream cheese, oil, and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Cream cheese lumps are okay and will taste wonderful!
- Drop the batter onto the pan using ¼ cup per pancake. Flip when the pancakes produce bubbles. Serve with strawberry sauce.